Did you know today’s National Barbie Day and Barbie’s official birthday? (I’m not making this up - a really interesting look at the creation of the toy in this biography!)
Barbie is my fave - if you love Barbie nostalgia too, here’s a collection of Barbie by The Sunny La La gifts HERE! And search #nicolelovesbarbies on IG to see some of my fun custom commissions, creations and posts!
Some of my recent Barbie faves here... do you like the colorful edit above or the black/white edit below better?!
* This jacket is sooooo cute! It’s under $30! (But here’s the catch, it’s a kids’ jacket - the XL fits me though!)
* The biography mentioned above details the life of the woman that created Barbie (including her founding of the Mattel company with her husband)!
* This book is one of my FAVES, such good photos. Nostalgia promised! Also fun: this notebook, the bio mentioned above and this!
* I shared this Barbie Hot Wheels Camper Van last week to a LOT of love. I found mine at the grocery store but haven’t found any others IRL since (but there look to be a few left at the link)!
* In similar mini-world, this small scale Barbie Dreamhouse is the perfect size for your Barbie’s Barbies. (Super fun detail for kids of the 80s, the stickers that come with it feature furniture from the styles Barbie had then!)
* This Barbies 'Rose Pool Time!' print is one of those that I love by awesome NYC photographer and artist David Parise - check out his IG at @vintagebarbieandken (I own the black and white print below and it makes me so happy)! Website HERE!
* And these awesome ponytail silhouette pieces are made of vintage book spines by amazing artist sorrythankyou79 - website HERE (and IG is @sorrythankyou79) - she takes custom requests!
Black / White Edit:
* This tee was a gift from a sweet friend (thank you Linds!) and is from a women-owned, Phoenix small-business! (Peek her IG today for more Barbie fun!) It comes in kids' sizes too, HERE!
* Beach photo print is by same photographer / artist mentioned above (HERE)! It's titled 'Girl Power Summer', how great is that?!
* Ponytail silhouette is by same artist mentioned above (HERE!)
* Journal notebooks HERE (for Moleskine duo) and HERE (for 'you can be anything!')!
Enjoy! (Disclaimer: this post includes some commissionable links!)